Visitor/Senior Citizen Waiver
Applies to: Lawrence campus and KU Medical Center students
Purpose: Waives Lawrence and KU Med Center campus fees for qualified applicants. Area fees for off-campus courses do not qualify for a fee waiver.
Frequency: The form must be submitted every semester
Deadline: 30 days after the first day of classes for the semester you are applying
Visiting Student Waiver
The following is a definition of a visiting student:
- You must be admitted to KU as a non-degree seeking undergraduate or graduate student.
- You will receive a grade of NE (not evaluated) for all classes for any semester for which you are a visiting student.
- You may only enroll in classes numbered under 800.
- Limited to 6 hours of enrollment per semester.
- Any student who has previously been enrolled as a degree seeking student at KU may not enroll as a non-degree seeking student until completion of an undergraduate degree.
- Once enrolled, you will be required to pay tuition but no Lawrence or Medical Center campus fees will be assessed.
More detailed information on being admitted and getting enrolled are available on the Visiting Students and High School Dual Enrollment page.
This waiver is governed by the Policy on Visitor Rates in the Policy Library.
Senior Citizen Waiver
If you meet the Visiting Student criteria (above) and are a Kansas Resident for Tuition purposes (see the residency guidelines) who is at least 60 years of age, you may also qualify to have your tuition waived.
This waiver is governed by the Policy on Senior Citizen Rates in the Policy Library.