Applies to: Lawrence/Edwards campus students
Purpose: This form is used to apply for the credit/no credit option. This form will be submitted to your school.
No CR/NC changes can be made outside the CR/NC period. This means that you cannot elect CR/NC or change a CR/NC before or after the posted time on the academic calendar for the course (September 24 - October 7 for Fall 2019). Please keep in mind, short courses may have alternate dates.
Instructors are not notified of your choice to elect credit/no-credit for their course.
You may elect the CR/NC option for at most one course per semester.
Students in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, please consider the following prior to making a CR/NC choice:
- The course you select for CR/NC cannot be in your major or minor (undergraduate students) or cannot be used to fulfill any degree or certificate requirements (graduate students). If you are unsure you should check with your major or minor department or home academic unit.
- If you are enrolled in 12 hours and you take a class for CR/NC you will not be eligible for the Dean’s Honor Roll (qualifications for Honor Roll are 3.5 in 12 or more graded hours).
- If you plan to apply to another KU school, you will need to check with their admissions office to see if they will accept courses taken for CR/NC. Please contact the schools that you may be interested in for the future.
- PRE-LAW STUDENTS – The Credential Assembly Service (CAS) does its own cumulative GPA calculation and recognizes no credit (NC) as an F. Please be mindful of this when electing credit/no credit as it will not show up as a factor in your KU GPA, but it will show up as an F when your grades are sent to prospective law schools. You can contact the Pre-Law advisor in the Undergraduate Advising Center if you have any questions.
- PRE-GRADUATE/PRE-PROFESSIONAL STUDENTS - Students planning to attend graduate or professional schools should check with their admissions offices to see how they interpret grades of credit or no credit.
- PRE-MEDICAL STUDENTS - If you apply to medical schools, CR/NC grades do not affect the GPA's calculated by medical school application services. However, most medical schools recommend or require that core entry requirements, usually including biology, English, chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, and mathematics, be taken for letter grades, not CR/NC.
Submit your Credit/No Credit form online [login required]