Education documents being used internationally may require an Apostille (also called a certification or authentication) from the State of Kansas in addition to the University Seal. Students may either obtain an Apostille directly from the State of Kansas Office of the Secretary of State or have the Office of the University Registrar facilitate obtainment of an Apostille.
To have the Office of the University Registrar facilitate obtainment of an Apostille, the following items must be brought to the KU Visitor Center at 1502 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS.
- The education document(s) requiring an Apostille (diploma, transcript, statement of degree, statement of forthcoming degree).
- A check payable in US funds made out to the Kansas Secretary of State. The cost of an Apostille is $7.50 per document.
- A check payble to the University of Kansas to cover the notary charge(s). Notary charges are $5.00 per document.
- A large (at least 9" x 11") self-addressed, postage paid envelope for the Secretary of State's Office to return the document(s) to you. Be sure the envelope is large enough to hold the document(s) and that the postage will cover the weight.
- A cover letter indicating the country receiving the document(s).
The Office of the University Registrar will notarize the document(s) and send it to the Secretary of State's Office along with the payment, self-addressed stamped envelope, and the cover letter. The Secretary of State's Office will then mail the document(s) with an Apostille to the address on the envelope.
Questions on obtaining an Apostille can be sent to email@example.com.