Check the Status of an Online Transcript Order
If Transcript was ordered on or after November 30, 2015:
- You will need your Transcript Order # and the email address you placed the order with.
- KU Online ID: Please visit the Student Self-Service Site to check your status.
- No KU Online ID: Visit the non-login required Transcript Ordering Center to check your status.
If Transcript was ordered prior to November 30, 2015:
- If you have a KU Online ID sign into the Transcript Ordering System. If you do not have a KU Online ID, sign on through the Create a Transcript Account.
- Click the "My Account" link on the top navigation bar.
- All orders including previous orders are listed on the screen with a status. Click on the "View" button next to your order for more details.
Hold for Degree
After you graduate, degrees post to your academic record approximately four to six weeks after the semester ends. You may order a transcript prior to the degree posting to your transcript and choose the "hold for degree" option. The hold for degree option will only be available approximately one month prior to the end of the current term. The hold for degree option will be removed every term after degrees post to transcripts.
How to Check Grades Before Ordering a Transcript
We do not offer a "hold for grades" option. Please check in Enroll & Pay, in your student center under schedule/grades to insure all your grades have posted prior to ordering a transcript. Once the grades have posted in Enroll & Pay, they will also be on your academic transcript. The transcript fee is non-refundable if you order a transcript prior to all grades posting.
How to Submit an Attachment to a Transcript Request
When ordering a PDF transcript that will be delivered electronically you must upload your attachment directly to the order.
When ordering a paper transcript (not a PDF) that has an attachment that needs to be included you have the following options to submit those to us.
- Upload your attachment to the order online when placing your order.
- Drop the attachment off in office, KU Visitor Center, before placing your order.
- Fax to 785-864-3900, when faxing please note on the fax that you will order your transcript online in a few days time.
- Mail your attachment. When mailing, please note that you will order your transcript online in a few days time. The mailing address is: The University of Kansas, Office of the University Registrar, KU Visitor Center, 1502 Iowa St., Lawrence, KS 66045-7518.
*When placing your order online you must indicate that you have an attachment. Indicate that you have an attachment on the "special comments" line: "Please include Mailed / Faxed / Dropped on In-Office-Attachment".
**When faxing or mailing your attachment please do so before placing your order online as the ordering process is automated.
***Please submit your attachment using one method only. For example, there is no need to drop one off in the office if you have (or intend) to upload your attachment to the transcript online order.
If express mail service is requested, an official University of Kansas paper transcript will be sent by Federal Express.
- Federal Express guarantees delivery service.
- Federal Express DOES NOT deliver to PO BOXES.
Federal Express Express U.S. Services and International Services
- A Federal Express tracking number will be available on the Online Transcript Order page.
- You will also receive the tracking number by email when the order status is updated.
You can order transcripts online. Please check for any holds on your student account before you attempt to order one online. If you are a current or former KUMC student, you must order transcripts from the Office of the Registrar on the KUMC campus.
Picking Up Transcripts
An Official University of Kansas paper transcript can be picked up at the KU Visitor Center, 1502 Iowa St., 8:00 - 5:00 PM CST weekdays, except when the Office of the University Registrar is closed.
- In order to pick up your transcript you must provide a valid photo ID.
- If someone other than the student will be picking up the transcript, the student must indicate the name of the person picking up the transcript in the comment line when ordering his or her transcript. Alternately, the student may provide a signed authorization to be presented at the time of pickup. The person picking up the transcript must have a valid photo ID.
The University of Kansas does not provide an unofficial transcript. Current students can get summaries of course work via the Advising Report or Degree Progress Report found in the Advising Tool in the myKU Portal. In addition, an Academic Summary can be produced using Enroll & Pay (how-to guide). These documents are not official and should be used only for your informational purposes.