Enrollment Information for Continuing Students
Beginning on the first day of classes, see the late enrollment information.
This checklist provides an overview of the steps necessary to enroll at the Lawrence campus during continuing enrollment. If you have questions you may contact the Student Records Center, 121 Strong Hall, 785-864-4422 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students enrolled in AEC or ESLP courses in the previous semester (and who still have the AEC hold) will not enroll online. Enrollment instructions will be provided in your AEC/ESLP classes.
- Meet with your advisor. Appointment times may be needed with the University Advising Center.
- Check your enrollment appointment time. Appointment times are posted the week prior to Fall and Spring breaks and are available in Enroll & Pay in the Student Center under Enrollment Dates.
- Check for enrollment holds while you are in the Student Center in Enroll & Pay under holds. These are real time so be sure to check again shortly before you enroll. See the hold chart for additional hold explanations and contact information.
- Obtain permission codes, if needed. "Instructor Consent" or "Department Consent" appears in the schedule of classes if permission is required. Permission codes are available from the instructor or department depending upon the code.
- Check if classes are closed via the schedule of classes. Look at the seats available column. If a class is closed, check with the department concerning waitlist options. Waitlists are not available for all classes. Departmental staff will give you enrollment instructions based upon the available options.
- Enroll prior to the first day of classes to avoid late enrollment fees. For late enrollment fee amounts and dates, see the tuition and fee section.
- Make schedule changes as needed. See the add/drop/change page. If you decide to no longer attend KU, be sure to follow the procedures to officially withdraw and avoid financial and academic penalties. See the withdrawal checklist.
- Enrolling in excess hours. After enrolling in your maximum number of hours obtain permission from your school on a schedule change form. This must include the approval of your Dean's office. Bring the completed form to the Student Records Center, 121 Strong Hall, where the hours will be added.
- Check your schedule, tuition and fee assessment for errors.
- Submit applications for fee adjustments, if applicable. See the Tuition and Fees page for details.
- Pay your fees. You will be sent a notification to your registered KU e-mail address once your bill has been generated. For more information see the billing information on the Student Account Services website.
- Obtain an identification card if needed. Go to the KU Card Center, 4th floor Kansas Union. You will need proof of identification.
- International students must purchase insurance or provide verification of adequate pre-existing coverage. For more information, see the insurance information on the International Student and Scholar Services website.